Are your skin products toxic?
Chemicals to Avoid
If the skin absorbs all substances (applied to it) 85% more effectively than if taken by mouth, would you dare to eat any of the following substances?
- Parabens (methylparabens, butylparabens, ethylparabens, isobutylparabens and isopropylparabens) are preservatives of chemical origin known to be very toxic.
- Formaldehydes, combined with water, are used as disinfectants, fixatives or as preservatives. These are toxic gases, irritants and carcinogens (formaldehyde releasers: Diazolidinyl Urea, Glutaral, etc.).
- EDTA (ethylene-diamino-tetra-acetate) is questionable in terms of toxicological and hardly degradable. It is considered as carcinogenic.
- Paraffin, obtained from petroleum, is often used in cosmetic given its low price and longevity. She mouths the pores of the skin (occlusive) and combines with the sebum of the skin to form a foreign substance that causes heat buildup which can lead to rosacea or allergies.
- PEGS (PEG-4, PEG-20, PEG-100), used as emulsifiers, are obtained from toxic gases. PEGS weaken the structure cells.
- Silicone oils (cyclomethicone, dimethicone, copolyol of cetyl dimethicone) are very occlusive products; they form on the skin a plastic-like barrier.
These are just a few examples, many other substances harmful substances unfortunately exist in your beauty products, cosmetics and personal hygiene and cosmetics.
One only has to read the labels to note several ingredients which, with frequent use, risk harm your health.
Why choose a product containing more than 80% water, to which preservatives (which risk damaging your skin and your health) have been added? In addition, the "active principles" which are supposed to confer such or such a result, diminish and deteriorate quickly over time. And it may have been a long time between the manufacture of the product and your purchase, sometimes years!
Instead, look for truly NATURAL and FRESH products made with oils quality plants that will nourish your skin, hydrosols (waters flowers) and essential oils that are extracted from plants and flowers by distillation. Hydrolats have the therapeutic properties of plants as well as their essential oils, naturally, in more soft and less concentrated.
Hydrosols add to the quality of natural cosmetics, compared to the water used in conventional cosmetics.
Products made with oils pure, organic, therapeutic-grade essentials with many principles assets, will have a significant impact on the effectiveness of your care on the skin.
Be vigilant and selective in your choices of skin products. Your body will reward you with a better complexion, healthy skin and by slowing down the aging process.